These are the start of the toddler years for us, and the days are so fun. Toddlers may be super curious about everything and have the ability to find joy in the smallest things. As my little one develops, I am treasuring these moments of learning and curiosity with a Toddler Friendly Summer Bucket List.
Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you). The commission will help fund my coffee drinking habit. You find cool new stuff on amazon and you’ll keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really.
How do you channel that never-ending supply of energy into exploration and discovery? A good summer bucket list can really help get your mind wrapped around what to do each day. This is the most fun and creative summer bucket list for toddlers organized by type of activity. You can skip ahead to the bottom and get a FREE printable bundle.
- Dance to live music outside
- Play Hide and Seek
- Read Books Outside
- Use Paint Brushes and water for mess free ‘Painting’ in the driveway
- Make Colored Ice Blocks and Build an ice tower outside, then watch it melt
- Wash the car together
- Have a nighttime Bubble Dance Party complete with a light-up bubble machine
- Build a tent and pretend to go camping outside
- Set up an art area outside
- Go on a Picnic
- Do a fine motor activity
- Create a summer scene using summer play dough mats
- Play with a Busy Book
- Make a summer scrapbook
- Make homemade taste safe play-dough
- Make a summer themed sensory bin
- Build a fort
Things to Eat
- Eat Snow Cones. Machine & Syrup.
- Make Lemonade Together.
- Bake and Decorate Cookies Together
- Make S’mores
- Cook an easy Toddler Friendly recipe together
- Eat Watermelon
- Have a Rainy day Tea Party
- Make a Homemade Pizzza
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Movie and Popcorn.
Things to Make
- Make easy “less mess” tie dyed shirts using a non-toxic squeeze bottle kit
- Do a 4th of July craft
- Do a summer handprint craft
- Make suncatchers to hang in the window
- Finger paint using DIY taste safe finger paint
- Make easy rainbow bubble foam
TIP: PRINT OUT THE SUMMER BUCKET LIST CARDS. CUT THEM OUT AND ADD TO A JAR. PULL THEM OUT WHEN YOU CAN’T DECIDE WHAT TO DO.
- Play in a summer rain shower
- Kiddie Pool Fishing
- Play in kiddie pool
- Play with a water table
- splash in the ocean
- take a popsicle bath
- find a new splash park
- water balloon play
- play in sprinklers
Places to go
- Plan a Play Date
- Go to an outdoor Movie
- Visit the Farmer’s Market
- Visit a New Playground
- Visit a Children’s Museum
- Attend storytime at a library
- Go to a Gymboree class or a toddler yoga class
- Visit relatives (or at least FaceTime them!)
- Take a trip to the aquarium
Get your Toddler Summer Bucket List PDF Below!!
What’s on your toddler’s summer bucket list? If you have a great activity idea, comment below so I can add it to the list.